Thursday, October 24, 2019

My Quest for the CWNE Certification

What the heck is this CWNE all about?

https://www.cwnp.com/about is a vendor-agnostic organization that promotes and recognizes wireless engineers through professional certifications.  It's widely recognized in the industry.

I've completed the CWNA and CWDP as of this post.  I still need the CWSP and CWAP certs before I can submit my application for the CWNE.

There are other entry-level courses that I didn't know about when I first started so I started with the first required certification CWNA.  Here's the path I'm taking to get to CWNE:

  • Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)
    • I read the CWNA Study Guide 5th Edition CWNA-107 by David Coleman & David Westcott
    • I took the practice exams on CWNP.com
  • Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP)
    • This topic was my strength
    • I read the Design chapter in the CWNA Study Guide book
    • I took the practice exams on CWNP.com
  • Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP)
    • I'm reading the CWSP Study Guide CWSP-205 by David Coleman & David Westcott
    • I'll take practice exams
  • Certified Wireless Analysis Professional (CWAP)
    • This one is the toughest for me as I haven't really dived into packet captures to the level you need for this exam.
    • I plan to take a boot camp class
  • Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE)
    • The first step is to contribute to the community and I'm starting here with this blog.

If you're starting your Wi-Fi career, here's a great place to start:  https://www.cwnp.com/wireless-knowledge-quiz

I wish you the very best of luck in your journey.  I hope that one of these blog posts will help you along the way.

Godspeed,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Quest for the CWNE Certification

What the heck is this CWNE all about? https://www.cwnp.com/about  is a vendor-agnostic organization that promotes and recognizes wireless ...